Saturday, August 7, 2010

Critical Thinking

   The skill of “critical thinking” what is it and how does one acquire it or is it just something that really smart people can develop? Ever since I first heard the Phrase coined “critical Thinking” and that modern day students are not being taught this important skill, made me wonder what it is and how do they know what critical thinking is, being as most of them were taught the same way the students are taught today. Possible it’s, they that have this deficit and it’s their ego expressing feelings of superiority.
   So I decided to do some critical thinking on the subject of “critical thinking”. How many different kinds of thinking are there; shallow thinking, reactive thinking, concentrative thinking, imaginative thinking, subjective thinking, objective thinking and the grand master non thinking. I’m sure I missed a few like introverted or extraverted but maybe I’m being too critical in my thinking. But adding it all up tends to make me think we didn’t need to add to such a list by adding the phrase “critical thinking” to it, couldn’t we just get along with one of the older descriptives of thinking.
   Then I decided that what is needed instead of addition to a long list of how we think, maybe what we need to do is synthesize the list for simplicity. This ultimately led me to think that there are only two kinds of thinking, subjective and objective of which I think they are trying to coin a substitute for objective thinking in a more modern vernacular because they don’t think that all of us that lack the skill of critical thinking know what objective thinking is, “it’s critical thinking you egotistical maniacs”!
   Now that I did all that critical thinking on critical thinking brings us to the point they are trying to make, and they are right we no longer teach students the skill of objective thought and its because academia no longer trains teachers in objective thinking they only teach them in the art of propaganda to produce monolithic zombies for the great world wide social collective that dances in their heads.
   The bottom line in my rant is this; only slaves and chattel of the human mind fall or sucker for their propaganda, the rest of society developed “critical thinking” on our own dime thank you, in spite of academia.
GAP                                  

No comments: