Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dumb as a Rock

   I’m just a no-account everyday American citizen; over the years I’ve had numerous occasions to have pro and con discussions with people from above and below our American borders as they may be. They too were just ordinary citizens’ of there own respective countries and in case you’re geographically ignorant I’m referring to Canada and Mexico.
   During my conversations with these foreigners it should be noted that most of them were employed where I also happened to be employed some illegal some legal. I asked them mostly comparison question, like one from Canada who lived in Canada drove across the boarder everyday to his job in America. Being as I had tried to get a job in Canada and the red tape was obviously written to keep Americans from being employed there, I ask one Canadian I worked with in Buffalo NY why I couldn’t get work there, yet he had no problem getting work in America. His answer I was to find out later is the same answer I got from Mexicans living and working in America almost as though they colluded with each other. Their answer was simply because “Americans are stupid” where their respective countries were smart to restrict Americans but America was so dumb to allow them access, it was like why should they pass up a good job when we were dumb enough to make them available to them.
   So based on these multiple replies to my questions there should be no doubt that as far as the rank and file is concerned we are a stupid people for allowing ourselves to be taken advantage of, not only in employment but in many other policies we have in regards to foreigners and how we regard and treat them it’s because we are just dumb as rocks as one guy put it.
  This is not made-up it was actual experience over a 50 year period of my working life and after all those years while I never heard any foreigners working here showing any gratitude or otherwise appreciation for our lax treatment of them, I have come to the conclusion that they are right and smarter than us dumb Americans.
GAP        

No comments: